The Wadesville Center Township Volunteer Fire Department was organized in May, 1962 by a group of civic minded people living in Wadesville and Center Township. The group was able to purchase their first fire truck in June of that same year. The truck was a 1948 John Beam high pressure pumper. The truck had to be stored in a barn in town until a station could be built.
In the fall of 1962 a general contractor with the help of the firefighters built a station on the corner of Main and Princeton Streets in Wadesville. This station covered about 500 people living in Center Township. At that time they were approached by Robinson Township to see if they would contract fire protection for their area. An agreement was made to divide the township with Marrs Fire Department because of the size of the township. Wadesville is to be the first response to the north half and Marrs the first response to the south half.
Wadesville Fire Department
4200 Princeton St.
Wadesville, IN 47638